Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Dogs and Doggy Doors


Charlie has inherited his Grandpa's love of bungee cords. I can remember being so mortified when I was a teenager because my dad would actually pull over to the side of the road if he spotted an abandoned bungee cord. He used them for everything! Actually, that reminds me of a story about my dad's brother, my Uncle Roger. He used the infamous bungee to serve as a seatbelt for my little cousin Jayne while she was just a little toddler riding shotgun on the 4-wheeler around the farm. Guess there are really strong Bannister bungee genes. But, anyway...Charlie had a grand old time taking Jack for bungee walks around the yard while we were at Grandma's. If Jack slowed his pace, Charlie would say, "Come on Jack," and jiggle the bungee until the dog started trotting again. It almost made me want to get Charlie a dog of his own--almost.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


At Grandma and Papa's house, there are two doggy doors--one in from the outside and one out from the house (into the backroom of the house). The boys experienced a great epiphany when they realized that a tumble through the doggy doors could land them in a whole new world--kind of akin to a magic wardrobe. It was hilarious to watch. Yeah, we're definitely not getting a dog for a while.

2 comments:

rachel said...

oh my gosh, those two are too much. i love how charlie is always missing a boot...

victoria said...

cousin playmates are the best. these two are so cute together.