Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Splash Lagoon



Splash Lagoon, Erie PA. Beth and I drove out to Cherry Creek and then Grandma joined us and the kiddos for a trip to the splash park. We all loved it--even Amelia! There was a lot of (Charlie's trademark) happy dancin' going on.


A jolly jumper in the water. Amelia was in heaven. She was bouncing around until her toes were pruny. The rest of the time she just hung out with Grandma and Mom and was completely happy even though her nap schedule was haywire. She is such a good girl.



It was really nice to float around with my boy actually relaxing. Charlie loved the water and, surprisingly, kept going back to the hot tubs. The only problem with said hot tubs is that Charlie would tend to forget that the bench we were sitting/standing on was a bench. He kept walking off and, logically, plunging under the water. At least we amused a lot of our fellow hot tubbers when Charlie came up sputtering over and over! When we were back home a few days later and I was putting him to bed he whispered, "Bye bye Splash Lagoon." Apparently it made a lasting impression.



I just can't get enough of my nephew, even the way he said the name "Splash Lagoooon" made me laugh. He was up and down the waterslides all day although my favorite moment may have been when he yelled across the pool, "Where's my band-aid Mommy?"


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


OK, I just had to put in this video of my nutty nephew. He kind of liked the "control" factor of taking his time going down the water slide while the line of anxious kids extended behind him. What a cutie he is!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

victoria said...

Ha! I love the tales you share of the kids!! Charlie whispering "bye bye" to splash lagoon...cute. I think I write "cute" or "adorable" in every one of my comments...but they are!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Well written article.