Thursday, May 08, 2008

A Walk (or two) in the Woods

Here's Char with his Aunt Kat -- dining at one of our favorite gourmet dining spots: Pittsford Wegmans. Charlie loves to go upstairs in the elevator to munch on some food and enjoy a refreshing bottle of Yoohoo with a straw.


We went over to Mendon Ponds for a "hike." Charlie was into finding sticks of all shapes and sizes and dragging them on down the trail. Amelia was happy in the backpack pulling out big handfuls of her mom's hair.


Kat, you look so much like Mom in this picture!


We liked Mendon Ponds so much that Bob and I took the kids back on the weekend. We walked down into the "Devil's Bathtub" (big dark swamp) which was really cool because it had a lot of stairs and wooden walkways. All along the trail there were tons of these flowers (above). Bob thinks they are Jack in the Pulpits, but the pulpit is currently empty because Jack hasn't sprouted yet. So pretty!



I thought this pic was funny because the rice cake is literally as big as her head.


The boys. Charlie loves his dad like crazy. I try not to get jealous! At night sometimes when I put Charlie to bed we'll say prayers. When I get to the God Bless ____ part, I always like to see who Charlie will bless first. Often it's his dinosaur 'Chops,' sometimes it's Uncle Jon Jon and sometimes it's something entirely random like 'Cheese.' Most of the time though, it's God Bless Daddy. It always turns into a little game because I'll say God Bless Mama? And he'll reply (with that sneaky grin)--Daddy! I've decided that, even in his childlike innocence, he knows who needs prayer the most;)

Daddy's little (chubby-cheeked) squirrel



Getting ready to jump!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

marla said...

haa!
i bless god for cheese also.
god bless chops...i love it!

victoria said...

I love that little hat on Amelia. Adorable! Are you taking the kids to lilac festival this weekend or next week?

rachel said...

i love this post!! i think my favorite pic is the very first one - charlie's expressions just crack me up. and the fact that he usually blesses chops first kills me. what a sweet family you've got. :)