Thursday, May 22, 2008

Legomaniac


Charlie is waaay waay into legos right now. On most mornings, the first thing he says when I come into his room is, "Go down in the basement and build a tower?" So, often at more than one point during the day, we are downstairs with Charlie doing just that. It's really cute because as you're building, he will shake his head and say, "Don't knock it over Mommy (or Daddy)," repeatedly. If Amelia (or Chops for that matter) are nearby, he'll also give them the same reminder. He has also made it clear who his favorite building buddy is. The other night he was building with Dad and I came down so that Bob could go up and do something. Charlie quickly pulled at my hand with a cheerful, "Let's build with blocks Mommy." Of course I obliged. Then, a few moments later Dad returned. Charlie babbled something to me and I didn't quite get it at first. Then I realized he was saying, "Go upstairs Mommy." He then pulled Bob down -- "Let's build blocks Daddy." I was a little offended.


builder-in-training
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who has a Daddy's boy! I get the same kind of response whenever James is around...it's like...uh, you're ok, Mom, but Dad is WAY better at this! Although...I do get asked to play cars more than Daddy. I guess I make better car sounds! HA! You have two cute kids!!

Anonymous said...

Oops...that anonymous comment was from me...Kate :)

rachel said...

LOL. "Go upstairs Mommy."
I love Charlie.

Comments that as a toddler I REPORTEDLY said to my mother than probably offended her:
1. While she was on all fours, scrubbing the floor: "Mom, you look kinda like a cow."
2. Out of the blue: "Mom, your nose looks kinda like a witch."
3. Shortly after giving birth to Robert, Mom was teaching me the difference between "pretty" and "handsome" - conversation follows....
Mom: What are you?
Me: Pretty.
Mom: What is Robert?
Me: Handsome.
Mom: What is Daddy?
Me: Handsome.
Mom: What am I?
Me: Fat.


Ah, can't wait for what sweet karma will dish back when I have my own...

rachel said...

ALSO. As long as I'm confessing... one time I was mad at my mother, and I uttered cryptically, "You're not my friend. You're not my cousin. You're not ANYBODY."

Tracey said...

Aww, it is amazing how those little comments hurt our feelings even though we know the aren't meant to. Lately Abel has been telling me that he wants Daddy to sing to him before bed and not me. Apparently I am only good for the story reading part of bedtime, then he says, "I want Daddy to do some songs." :( I guess he has figured out what good pitch sounds like, and prefers it.

victoria said...

this post definitely made me laugh...and so did rachel's toddler comments!