Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Kiddo's Christmas Bash

It was such a treat to host a Christmas party for the kiddos again this year. We had a great group of toddlers and preschoolers (13!) come out for a craft, lunch and cookies, of course.



Charlie and Kyle. These two are best buds.


We made wreath ornaments out of painted puzzle pieces. The kids did great with it. We passed out a cardboard wreath to everyone and then helped them to spread glue on it. Each kiddo had a small pile of puzzle pieces to place on the wreath. About a minute after the gluing began, Aaron shouted out, "I'm done!" He had poured the pile of puzzle pieces on his wreath and figured that was pretty much it!


Aaron, Kyle, Charlie, Mallory, Maddie, Ian, Will, Kaylynn. I was showing Charlie this picture on the fridge and asking him to name all his pals. He did and then announced, "Those are my friends!" Then he followed that by saying, "I love em. I love my friends Mommy." Adorable!


Mallory (in pink) had the most awesome hair-do. Too bad you can't see it in the picture--beautiful braids.


Sophie (in the front here) was playing with a toy plane when we were gatherin' up the kids for the craft. I asked Sophie if she wanted to make a wreath. "No," she said matter-of-factly, "I'm just going to stay over here and fly my jet plane." I had to laugh at that. She did end up meandering over later, after her flight, and made a very cute wreath!




Will and Kaylynn.


Peter, age 2.


Kaylynn is such a sweetheart. Most days that she arrives at my house, she will remind me, "I'm going to be your big helper today, ok?" I love little girls.


Speaking of hair dos--Violet is sporting the cutest curls around. I heard a rumor that Mom chopped em off. Say it ain't so.


Kyle Wolf Sahmel. Isn't that the best middle name ever? Kyle is going to be into cars someday, I predict. He always finds that set of John Deere keys within the first half hour of arrival.


Made by little hands--perfect!

2 comments:

Lora said...

I love this pic of Violet because it perfectly depicts her mood that day...drama queen. ;)

Thanks for such a great party!

carole said...

Hi Jen! Thanks (rather belated...) for having us! I love the craft they made. It was a great kid party. :)