Monday, August 25, 2008



I have to tell the bike ride story. I talked to my sis Beth (9months preggo at the time) on a Friday morning and she said that she was having a few contractions but didn't think much of it. I told her to call us if she needed anything, but since it was a week prior to her due date I wasn't expecting 'news' anytime soon. So, off we go on a bike ride down the canal since Bob was working the weekend and had this Friday off. We were in Pittsford eating ice cream cones when the call came. Beth said, "Um, I'm pretty sure I'm in labor and am heading out to drop Aaron off at your house on the way to the hospital. Where are you anyway?" My heart started racing as I told her that we were not quite at home and it would take us 30 minutes to get there. I rushed off the phone and started wiping the biggest chunks of mint chocolate chip off of Charlie's shirt as I picked up Mia, shouted to Bob and ran for the bikes. Speed wasn't exactly easy to call up at this point since Bob was lugging a 40 plus pound load in a bulky bike trailer. So, as we were riding, he called out to me that I ride on ahead and get the car and then call him to arrange a rendezvous at whatever point of the canal they were at. To further complicate things, Bob had the car keys. Of course we couldn't stop riding so I dropped back to complete a kamikaze keys exchange with both of us still maintaining considerable speed on our bikes. What a great memory that ride will be. Anyway, we were red-faced and panting when we got to our house and saw Beth sitting uncomfortably, yet patiently on our steps. She had Ryan less than 4 hours later!



"Hold on Aunt Beth, we're coming!"


Thanks for waiting Ryan.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: