Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Little cub on the move and more messes


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Amelia has a couple new talents, one of which is growling. She'll imitate this sound pretty predictably whether it's a human growl, a noise on t.v., or one of Charlie's toys. She is so much fun these days (almost 9 months!) because she's so interactive. Just like her brother, she likes to dance and sing (see crazy moves below) and smile at anybody who looks her way. However, my rose-colored view of my little cherub could be strongly influenced by the fact that she is now sleeping through the night most nights. Finally! What a difference it makes to get 6-7 solid hours...now we wake up coherent instead of in our normal coffee-crazed coma.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


You'd think Amelia had some coffee too or maybe one of those funky looking Rock Star energy drinks. She's been scooting all over now for a few weeks. She gets up on her knees too and rocks, then lunges forward toward an object of interest. She even partially climbed up on to the open dishwasher door this morning which made me remember how Charlie found that door irresistible too. Every time it was open, he would motor over and climb in. Too bad that wasn't a bathing option...that sanitizer setting could really be good for our messy little guy.


Speaking of messes, here's the latest. It always seems to happen that, after a "good day" where I feel somewhat in control as a Mom, Charlie feels the need to humble me back to our normal state of chaos. We had gotten home from a picnic, had baths, and I was putting Amelia to bed. Charlie was downstairs (potential problem) and completely quiet (definite problem). As I was rocking Mia, the rascal appeared and had a suspicious sticky red substance smeared all over his hands and shirt. I quietly asked him to go into the bathroom and he did, after he gently placed both red hands on the cream colored bedspread in Mia's room--great, more laundry. I put Mia down and picked up Charlie to inspect him in the bathroom. As I suspected, it was lipstick. Due to Charlie's affinity for anything edible, I always try to keep my chapstick and lipstick out of his reach. Actually, come to think of it, I believe he has "eaten" all of my chapsticks so I no longer have any to hide. Anyway, I'm trying to scrub the lipstick off of him in the tub when he points to the stairs and says, "It's on the wall Mommy." My heart sank and I dodged off the check the damage. All I could think of when I saw the picture above was a low, scratchy voice repeating, "Red Rum...." Please try to ignore the stains next time you visit.

5 comments:

The Rice's said...

Jen,

That is so funny. "It's on the wall, Mommy". Thanks for the tip! you gotta love crazy two year olds!! Always into something! I love Mia growling! That is so cute! !

victoria said...

love the dancing!

rachel said...

Oh yikes... at least it wasn't bodily excrement. RUMOR has it that one of my dear cousins (*cough* Lyndsay) and I spent a good chunk of time wiping our own feces on the toilet and wall in the upstairs bathroom some years ago...

rachel said...

okay - i couldn't watch the videos before, but i watched them today - amelia's dancing is hilarious!! i love it.

DOW FAMILY said...

Ah, the messes kids make! At least you had enough perspective to take a picture and realize they will be out of this stage before you know it! They are so cute Jen.