Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Mama's Birthday

On my birthday, I felt like the luckiest gal in the world just to have four of my favorite things around me (husband, two children and carrot cake). We also attempted the scariest family-o-four adventure yet..going out to dinner. We chose a noisy place, but still felt so conspicuous with all of our "equipment" piled around us...diaper bag, infant car seat, high chair, infant seat sling (which evidently is a contraption to hold an infant seat at table height)! The waitress was kind enough to bring Charlie's dinner first so that he didn't have to wait, but...that meant that he was done with his dinner just in time for ours to arrive. Needless to say, Bob and I gulped down a bit of our entrees and sped out to the safe haven of the car. But, hey, for a first attempt that didn't involve spit-up or a tantrum, we figured it was pretty darn good.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dan and Alenna said...

Looks like you had a great birthday - I was thinking of you!