Sunday, July 15, 2007

A little phone call...a lotta mischief


OK parents, you know those times when you just have to take a phone call? I was talking to a friend from out of town and I figured I'd let Charlie roam the downstairs so that I could actually listen and pay attention. Now you also know that when it gets quiet, that's when you really have to wonder what's going on with your toddler. Maybe ten minutes later, I walked into the kitchen to check on my trouble maker...I spotted this telltale drawer and then followed the trail to find my boy.


...past the littered ziploc bags...


...to the dining room where an (almost) entire role of aluminum foil had been folded into various shapes and sizes on the floor. It kind of looked like the take-out containers of a large formal dinner party had been strewn around my house. But where was the culprit?


I finally found him stowing his sippy cup in a storage container for our vacuum cleaner parts-downstairs closet. He has a strange habit of doing this lately to the joy of whoever comes across the day or week-old cups of milk in the oddest places. Gleefully happy, he then toddled into the dining room, pointed his chubby finger at the tinfoil and said, "Da da!" Sorry buddy, nice try, but Dad's not even home.

Now, we have a gigantic roll of rewound tinfoil sitting on our kitchen counter to remind us of our boy and how much fun he is having discovering the world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is HILARIOUS!!! Made me laugh out loud! What a cutie! :)