Monday, July 30, 2007

ALL ABOARD!! (for the blueberry patch)



Charlie and I joined some other moms and headed out to Brown's Berry Patch in Albion for some blueberry pickin'. My plan (which is always subject to modification with 'Charles in Charge') was to actually try and pick a bunch of berries so that I could make some pies, etc. I figured my best chance to accomplish this would be to hoist Charlie into the backpack since his "stroller window" is pretty brief if he's not experiencing a constant change in scenery. He was being so good at first that I was shoving the berries into my pail as fast as I could to take advantage. Then I noticed that he was grabbing at the blueberry bushes and shoving everything his fist could grab (green, white and brown berries included) into his mouth. Once I slowed down the smorgasbord he became restless pretty quick and started pulling my hair for entertainment. Needless to say I was happy to get one pie's-worth of berries out of the deal!




This picture may look innocent enough, but after it was taken Charlie started to vigorously pump the metal handle--so much so that it "spooked" one of the cows in this pen and the cow began booking around in circles and making a mournful noise. I'm surprised we didn't get kicked out of the petting zoo.

Charlie was showing the cows his plastic leopard. They didn't seem to be impressed.

Our poor boy continues to "bark" at every animal. I did catch him making a cat noise the other day, but as a rule it's barking for dogs, cats, cows, even llamas!

Charlie and his friend Benjamin were having fun running down the lanes in the blueberry patch.
Posted by Picasa
"So what I do is I hide the cooked carrots next to me in my chair when my parents aren't looking, then by the time they start cleaning up and find them, they figure dinner is over and they don't bother to make me eat them."


"Keep squirming Ben, I think we're almost free!"

"Ok, bro, you do the pedals and I'll steer. Let's head for the ice cream stand on three! 1-2- ah shucks here come our moms."

"Hey Mom, can you grab my booster seat?"

1 comment:

The Rice's said...

Charlie is so cute! Isn't it amazing how much they change from a year on? I love watching them change and grow everyday. Your blog is always so funny! It makes me laught everytime! Your comments are great! Where are the belly pictures?