Thursday, March 04, 2010

"Come out soon, Baby Tummy"

OK, so I've been decidely bloggone awful at updates lately. I'll go ahead and play the 'nine months pregnant and mother of two toddlers" card unashamedly. The days are moving on way too quickly these days. The kids are changing so fast and the pregnancy has flown by on a whirlwind. Charlie will be four in just a couple of weeks and I had to switch my 2-year-old up to 3T jeans since apparently she is shooting up like a weed these days. The tiredness is setting in for me. The other day, we were playing 'Eskimo' which had me in the role of Mom Eskimo--an awesome role which requires only for me to lay in the 'igloo' on the living room floor while my 'baby Eskimos' bring me fish. Apart from making appropriate gobbling noises when the 'fish' arrive, this part is relatively easy to handle--unlike the role of 'Black Spiderman' which we will save for another blog entry. Anyway, I awoke to find that, somewhere along the way, I'd fallen asleep in the igloo and twenty minutes had passed. These little spontaneous naps seem to be occuring more and more often! Yesterday we got out the bin of infant clothes and the kids oohed and aahed very sweetly at each tiny pair of pants or onesie. Washing up the clothes and sniffing that baby detergent smell certainly helps to make all of this more real. Still hard to believe though that a new little boy Adams is coming in less than 6 weeks. Many sweet and wondrous things to ponder in these final days, such as--how on earth can I handle more laundry....?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

rachel said...

LOL - i LOVE the "Mom Eskimo" bit. Can't wait to hear what "Black Spiderman" entails, but I hope it involves scaling walls in spandex.

Dan and Alenna said...

What a precious picture of you and Mia!! (I also love the "Mom Eskimo" game... sounds like a great one for any tired mama!)

Manda said...

Haa...love the Eskimo game!
I'm with ya on the being exhausted all the time! You're so lucky that you can say it's "next month". (Although I know it's never soon enough for the pregnant momma).