Monday, November 03, 2008

A few more fall favorites...


There were tons of pumpkins laying out in the fields at Brown's Berry Patch. We sent Charlie forth to pick a pumpkin and he came back with this one--not even a pumpkin, a small gourd. We should have gone for it, they were only 50 cents!



Such a gift to be able to go apple picking with my 90 year old Gramps! He still drives hundreds of miles each season to deliver his son's apples all over the state. I'm glad this vitality runs in the family (although I suspect he may have more energy than I do!).




Charlie and Uncle Roger moving pallets together. Uncle Rog was so patient with Charlie, teaching him which levers to move and explaining how everything works. He's had a bit of practice with his 5 kiddos so he's definitely qualified!




The audio was the best part of this photo...Mia's moo-ing.






Love the horses in the background! My grandparents have a very picturesque view out their windows.






3 comments:

Manda said...

great fall pictures! and gotta love grampa's bills hat!

rachel said...

I LOVE the pic of you & gramps!! and i was totally also going to comment on the bills hat - love it.

such cute pictures.

DOW FAMILY said...

Isn't it great expose your kids to farm life. Seems like all the farmers in our family, and there are few, are soo patient...hmm. maybe we oughta consider farming. I would like to send my Grace to work on a farm...it would be like DisneyLand to her!