Friday, January 18, 2008

Two bugs on a rug



One of the most wonderful things about having Amelia in our lives is watching the relationship develop between her and her brother. Charlie has always been very gentle with her (for the most part) and seems to have a strong attachment to his sis that began the first day they met. It was so sweet yesterday to see him plop down next to her as she was enjoying her requisite "tummy time." In the second photo, he had just spontaneously blurted out, "I love you Mia," and was giving her this peck on the cheek. Almost made me forget that he had broken my brand spankin' new food processor (that I had just gotten from my mom for Christmas) just an hour earlier...




Amelia is making new discoveries everyday. The most recent....her hands. It's cute to see how intensely surprised she looks every time they happen to catch her eye as they're floating in front of her line of vision. Then she stares hard at them and slowly, slowly brings them together and even more slowly brings them to her mouth. And...I'm happy to say, she has also finally decided to adopt an earlier bedtime. As much as we love her big brown eyes, we were getting pretty literally tired of seeing them dart about as she showed absolutely no signs of sleepiness around say 11:30pm. She's been going to bed pretty regularly at 9pm now and I hardly know what to do with myself. I even painted my nails the other night, woo hoo.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

rachel said...

beautiful.

Emily said...

Yeah for earlier bedtime.

She's a real cutie.

Emily